Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bitches Gotta Learn

i suppose this may sound a little harsh, but my dear friends it is very true. a very close friend of mine contacted me recently with a situation that i had found myself in not too long ago. i gave this individual the best advice i could muster without sounding too much like i knew exactly what to do. failure is what i am feeling now; i know that it went in one ear and out the other. how would i know this you ask? you look over, try to ignore the horrible things people do when you love them. honestly i did this! i wanted so badly for things to work, i sacrificed my own personal happiness. in the back of my mind there was a point i knew it had gone too far, but i still hung on. maybe i was afraid of change or maybe it was just lack of maturity. when i finally had enough courage to actually let go of my past it was so liberating. i had never realized how much of my life was suffering because of what i was doing to myself. since my own personal liberation life has improved. happiness is something i experience everyday. i don't regret anything i ever did though. i learned so much about life, love, and my own emotional boundaries from this experience. i know what it is like to be loved by one individual so much that they would do anything for you. i know how to love; i learned that it takes a LOT of work. i learned how to really forgive someone, even when they really hurt you. i learned how to let go of something you love, even if it's the hardest thing you'll ever do. i learned that people you think you can trust can still betray you, doesn't matter if you think it would be impossible.
so i guess this whole post is expressing my desire to share this with my friends. that maybe they don't have to experience all the hurt and pain. tons of people will make these same mistakes no matter the warning. so i guess BITCHES GOTTA LEARN! i did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment