Tuesday, February 2, 2010

one giant run on... but it's a memory that's how they work

i apologize to anyone that attempts to read this... i know i am seriously far from being grammatically correct in any post but this one is horrid. i am in the process of reminiscence, while typing and therefore, i have an excuse this time. my memories all come to me like one giant run-on sentence. there is no pause from the end of one memory to the beginning of another. so bare with me while i remember my childhood home.
so while sitting here on my lunch hour i'm trying to think of something to distract me from other hideous thoughts that i shall not speak of. i'm currently plopped over the heat vent in my parents old home, eating a frosty watching carlos- my brothers cat- groom his ass! it's crazy to think that in a short while this home will be for sale and i no longer will be allowed to place my bony little ass on this very heat vent. the house i was raised in, the house of my childhood... will one day soon be inhabited by a new family. all the memories this place holds is amazing! walking into the bedroom i slept in for 19 years i remember crawling under the bed and drawing with my crayons on the plywood, getting 20 dollars from the tooth fairy, lighting bottle rockets - that back fired- out my window. going into my parents room i recollect finding out about santa, playing king of the bed with my father, my mom pulling my baby teeth. the bathroom i almost see myself sitting in the sink getting ready for a performance, watching my mom do her makeup and my dad shave. the hallway where i laid the nights i was sick, where i'd put the two closet doors together with a hair tie so dean couldn't get in, the hallway where i'd try to climb to the ceiling. oh the kitchen... where dean and i almost burned the house down and tried desperately to vacuum up all the evidence before mom came home (a mental image for you all -dean and i running around frantically with bandanas over our ashen faces, the shop vac sucking up the pillows of black smoke and ash), all the cakes i made but never ate, dancing in my daddys arms my little feet on top of his, doing dishes with my mom splashing water all about, lighting flowers in the kitchen sink because i couldn't wait for fireworks. i wander into the living room i see christmas morning, dancing on the coffee table, jumping on the couches, building elaborate forts the size of the livingroom. watching movies, playing games, seeing my dad sitting on the couch home from the hosptial. the top of the stairs where my mom put on her shoes every morning; where kelly, moe and monroe all greated me after a long day at school; all the times i fell down those stairs and the equal amount of times i fell up those stairs. the basement where i hopped down and there was water to my ankles after i accidentally flooded it. the fish room where i see my dad getting ready for the annual hunting/camping trip, the 4 am mornings i watched him gather all the poles to go ice fishing or boating. the computer room where i spent way too many hours playing roller coaster tycoon and the siims. the backyard with my secret hideout under the porch, that later became the clubhouse of deans (i wasn't cool enough to be in the club). the swing set where i spent countless hours swinging my little heart away.the front yard where i made up dance routines, flew my kite with a fishing pole, climbed the tree and was too scared to climb down.  
all these lovely memories flood into my mind as i walk through my old home. even though i haven't lived there for awhile it was still my home. it will be a sad day when that home sales. it will forever have the memories of my childhood, i hope that the next family to live there will fill it with more happiness, laughter, and love.

1 comment:

  1. This is probably my favorite post so far! Almost makes me cry ;) p.s. the dumb word verification is making me spell 'elturt' what the hell is an elturt?! Sounds painful...

    ReplyDelete